Trials and Tribulations of being a working Mom

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Why are we FAT in Western PA?

Why are we FAT in Western PA,  the why is still on the table but as I research I am learning that if we don't get control of the situation over 50% of the state will be obese in 20 years. http://healthyamericans.org/reports/obesity2012/?stateid=PA This is increasingly alarming to me, my family and my friends as well as a society. So with this being said I have so many questions about why this is happening and my hope is to find some solutions. Are we lazy? Do we just don't care enough about ourselves to change? Are we scared? Do we not have time? As far as I'm concerned and myself included these are all excuses. Excuses to keep us FAT.

Some pretty inspiring things have been happening to me over the last few months and it started when my son started to go to church a lot with a buddy of his. For whatever reason I started praying and doing some deep evaluations of who I am and what I have achieved in life so far. I was always a thin person and in 2011 I started selling the It Works! products and I also quit my very stressful job in search of something better. It has been a long two years and 40 extra pounds later I am no shining example to my customers. Stress can either make you really skinny or really fat,  and unfortunately for me FAT!

So I decided one day during my evaluations this is it the stress, being unhappy, not being comfortable in my own skin has got to stop. So I decided to make tiny steps in a positive direction so now I wake up everyday and make the best of what I have, I may not LOVE my home but it is our home ,I make sure it is as clean as possible, I decorated for Halloween this year which I hadn't done for a few years and I don't put it down anymore in front of my children. I may not LOVE my home but where we live now may not be where we live forever. I get up and I plan my day, I am able to do what I love so I try to be as efficient as possible with my time so when the kids get home from school they now have my full attention- well as long as they want it. Something amazing is starting to happen I am feeling more relaxed and less stressed ( I know stress causes Cortisol to rise) and I have lost 5 pounds. (You know how they say "You can put it off  today cause it'll just be there tomorrow")Well I hate that saying it only prohibits what you have to do and we are all ACCOUNTABLE so just do what you need to do and then its done.

The next inspiring thing that keeps happening to me is I am learning that I am worth something, every time I want to quit or give up or I have a bad day I just smile and overcome what ever it is that is troubling me. "What is today won't be tomorrow!" Once again just when I think I'm going to quit I hear a voice in my head that pushes me forward or I see a sign or I meet someone who inspires me to push forward. We all have that voice in our heads that either pushes us forward or keeps us FAT, just this morning I read this amazing article that I would like to share on how to train that voice in your head to not think negative and allow you to have excuses. https://itworks.sd.success.com/sdarticles/watch/2966

My hope is to help anyone who would like to join me on this journey to find self-wealth, healthiness, happiness and financial freedom. As October ends I am keeping a journal and planning my personal and financial goals to prepare for a FAT free life. I hope you come back tomorrow to read about how to stop thinking about how to change and how to take charge and change today..no Excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment