Trials and Tribulations of being a working Mom

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Take CHARGE and CHANGE today!

            If your reading this than you probably read my post yesterday about why are we FAT in Western PA, well in my last post I had mentioned some amazing things have been happening to me and its because I have chose to read the signs. This is what I mean I mentioned these four questions in my last post " Are we Lazy? Do we just not care enough about ourselves to change? Are we scared? or do we just don't have enough time?" Well I was discussing this post last night with my mother and my 14 year old daughter and my daughter said "Mom it is the foods we eat that are making us fat!" This rung a bell in my head cause just the night before I was talking to an old friend who recently loss a significant amount of weight by eating 95% organic and cutting out GMO's from her body. I want to quote her saying " I now eat to live, I don't live to eat" Both of these statements made me evaluate those questions and yes I believe that all those come into play because of the food we eat. The food we eat are/is making us FAT and it is preventing us from living our healthiest.
            Let's start by looking at the artificial sweeteners, diet sodas and food dyes just to mention a few that are put into our foods, I know at some point one or any of you reading this has seen a story in the news or on Face book showing how bad they are for you. As a matter of fact please visit Change.org/MMSDyes and sign the petition to remove dyes from our foods and read the accompany story, it talks about one family's journey to remove dyes and how it relieved hyperactivity in their child. 
       But let's also look into GMO's and what they are  "GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals created through the gene splicing techniques of biotechnology (also called genetic engineering, or GE). This experimental technology merges DNA from different species, creating unstable combinations of plant, animal, bacterial and viral genes that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding." Okay or in place ENGLISH harmful to your body. Visit  http://www.nongmoproject.org/learn-more/what-is-gmo/ to learn more about how to eat and find Non GMO foods.
       When you take a closer look at the situation that just isn't taking place in Western PA but all over the US; yes we are lazy and scared- we are too busy and we don't care enough about ourselves to do the research, we don't read labels (even if we do, do you completely understand what your looking for?), we are okay with that instant caffeine or sugar rush that doesn't last but makes us feel good for that brief moment, its way easier to just grab something quick than to take the time to plan. Then when you get to a certain point where you never feel good you start to develop illnesses but your too scared to change or you don't even know where to start because there are so many diets, gimmicks, and fads out there. I want to help!
       This is what I propose take CHARGE and CHANGE today, if any of this has hit home to you or you can relate- make the commitment and come on a journey with me.  Start with a journal it can just be a tablet from the dollar store but this is step 1 to getting a plan and getting organized and being healthier. Today write down all the reasons that you thinking are making you FAT. And I don't just mean in a physical state, what is holding you back from living the life you want to live and how does that make you feel?
        When you wake up tomorrow let the first thing you do is write in your journal, I don't care if what you write about is what you need to do that day, or if you journal what you eat all day long  or if its more personal about how your feeling throughout the day. What ever it is you keep in your journal make sure you do the things you say you will- this keeps you accountable as well as on the way to having a plan/goals to be happier. I will be on this journey with you so when you feel sad or happy make sure you know your not alone. On the days you feel happy, accomplished make sure you post on your social media sites, you deserve the recognition for living for you daily. Most importantly by taking the time to write in your journal daily you allow yourself planned time for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment