Trials and Tribulations of being a working Mom

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October

I used to always want to move to the beach when I was younger. Then once I visited the Western states like Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona I fell in love. The dry heat, the colr schemes of the mountains and the history behind the West leaves me breathless. But I could never leave Pennsylvania and the month of October is one of my favorite times of the year here! The leaves are now changing and places like McConnells Mills State Park and Moraine State Park are full of beautiful reds, orange and yellow colors. All of the Farmer's Markets like Brenckle's, The Butler Farm Market, and Taylor's Farm Market are selling a variety of mum's, apples and ciders. Something new that I am seeing this year is Cherry Cider, I haven't decided to purchase it yet, because I'm not sure I would like it.

The weekends are full of activities for families. Cheeseman Fright Farm is a great place to visit day or night. In the daytime they have a large hay maze for the kids and a petting zoo. The hayride to the pumpkin patch is a sure pleazer for those little ones wanting to pick just the right pumpkin. Back at the barn mom and dad can enjoy a cup of hot cocoa from the kitchen or a cold Marburger Tea. At night the Fun Farm turns into the Fright Farm with Hayrides into the dark located on the edge of McConnells Mills State Park! Check it out at http://www.cheesemanfrightfarm.com/

Other Cool places to visit are Reilly's farm http://www.reillysummerseatfarm.com/, or Janoskis http://www.janoskis.com/.

Even though the first weekend in October is over it is still worth mentioning because the first weekend in October every year is always Franklin's Applefest & Clarion's Autumn Leaf Festival. If you love crafts, apples, applebutter, car shows, carnival food and scenic rides you'll have a hard time deciding which event to attend next year!

All these things and more make October my favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment