Trials and Tribulations of being a working Mom

Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Boys will be boys

Once again, it has been a long time since my last blog. Time does fly by so fast that it is hard to believe it is already October 1st.

Every morning at our house is always rushed at noone's fault but my own. Why? I hate mornings, I am not a morning person and probably will never be! Starting this school year now it is just my son and I at home, the last two to leave. The problem he is a morning person and I am not! He is a happy go lucky, well mannered, even tempered - never gives me trouble child! So this usually makes our mornings go very smooth!

Don't get me wrong it is great that he is, however the last two mornings he has not been his normal morning self. I'm fairly sure it is because he had been staying up later each night reading books for class that should have been read over a period of time, not rushed into 2 days.

Yesterday morning my beautiful eight year old, rushed into my batheroom half asleep to pee, because his batheroom is being remodeled. When he returned to the living room his comment was " Mommy I am so sorry but I peed all over your batheroom!" Now what would you think that meant coming from a child?

So I venture to the batheroom and sure enough he peed everywhere, the ceiling, the floor, the shower curtain, the toilet paper holder, the scale, the window & Blind, my flat iron and my glasses. Oh it was so gross, so as I was cleaning I yelled at him, explaining he needs to hold that thing no matter how tired he is! I was late to work, he was late to school, the batheroom is cleaned but wow not a good morning.

Then this morning I explain to him he is going to ride the bus, and half hour before we leave he starts screaming that he can't ride the bus, for this one boy has been bullying him. I explain to him that he needs to stick up for himself and we all have to deal with things we don't like but that it is a short ride to school & he will be fine.

As we approach the bus stop he goes into frantic lock down. I literally was trying to pull my well mannered even tempered child out of my vehicle. He missed the bus, I was late to work again and the bully he has been dealt with!

I guess boys will be boys but geez two days in a row! Wish me luck on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment